Friday, October 12, 2012

Return of the Wicked

So it has definitely been a while since I have posted anything on here. I don't know why, I've certainly been writing in my personal journal. I guess I just figured if I didn't have anything profound or insightful to say, why post it to where everyone else could read it? No one would want to hear the random nuances of my life.

On the other hand, that seems to be all I've been able to write about lately. I haven't been able to write so much as a poem, let alone a short story or *gasp* work on the novel that seems to have no end. It is a rather surreal feeling, having these thoughts and emotions that you want to write down and share with the world, but not being able to find the right words to portray them with. I sit with the notebook in my lap, pen in hand, ideas swirling through my head.... and nothing comes out. It's more than a little depressing.

I feel though that things are getting ready to change. There is something in the air... though I admit I feel like this every fall. This is the season for change. Maybe I'm being optimistic, wishing that some greater cosmic force will deliver me from this rut I have been in, but something inside of me is telling me that there is more to it than that. Wiccan intuition perchance? I guess we will all find out in time. Til then, when not at work, I am trying to keep myself busy. A friend is assisting me with making a group for other writers to post their work and get some constructive feed back. I'm hoping that not only will I be able to offer some assistance to other writers, but that I will finally be able to get over this little speed bump in my own writing. I think that it will be fun, and hopefully beneficial to all individuals involved.

Well, I know this entry was short, but I am going to try to get into a better habit of updating this thing. I may try to repost some of my poems and short stories on here when I have the time. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment